Pages

Sunday 26 June 2011

Disasterjunkie DJ's emergency ipod

Hello readers! I'm here again. Did you miss me? I've just begun a new mission and you can read about my exploits on a fellow blogspot called Tall Tales from Windy Corner if you like.

Meanwhile I thought I'd introduce to you a new concept - Disasterjunkie DJ's emergency ipod. You know how you can look back over your life's experiences and remember things vividly when a song is played which reminds you of a certain time, a certain place and situation?


Well I wondered what songs a disaster soundtrack might include.

Here's a starter for 10.

  1. Rescue me - Fontella Bass
  2. I will survive - Gloria Gaynor
  3. Somethings happening here - Buffalo Springfield
  4. Fire with fire - Scissor Sisters
  5. Mothers of the disappeared - U2
  6. S.O.S - ABBA
  7. Help! - The Beatles
  8. Stayin' alive - The Bee Gees
  9. Stand and deliver - Adam and the Ants
  10. Bridge over troubled water - Simon and Garfunkel
What would your choices be?

1 comment:

  1. Now is this just looking for a play on words or can we put the ones forward that we really get the memories from. No Woman No Cry - from times in Croatia - far from my girlfriend/wife and burying friends who were way too young to be dead. It was before the humanitarians turned up and the EC and UN were just spectators. It does link with Brothers in Arms and Ich Hatt ein Kameraden that seemed to be played at the funerals and Lili Marlene which seemed to be background music to beers and smokes. Before Croatia, Born in the USA as I was learning to be a paratrooper. More recently Sunshine Reggae just makes me smile as I play it when I am on my way home for some leave. Eva Cassidy singing Fields of Gold for the end of a long day. Jimmy Cliff with the Harder they Come for when get tee'd off with the boss. After that well La Vie en Rose and Amsterdam for the memories I will keep for me...

    ReplyDelete